Shamanic HealingHealing the Soul from Boulder, Colorado
The word ‘shaman’ comes from the Turkic, Turko-Mongol and Tungusic cultures of ancient Siberia. It refers to an individual who travels into spiritual realms and receives information about healing the spirit through divination, returning lost souls, cleansing excess negative energies, restoring balance to individuals and their communities.
Shamanic healing is comprised of a range of beliefs and practices concerned with communicating with the spirit world. It is not a religion but an ancient method of spiritual healing that addresses the spiritual aspect of illness.
Spiritual Energy Healing through Shamanic Journey
Shamans are intermediaries between the physical and spirit realms and treat illness by mending the soul. By drumming and rattling in her Boulder office, Rosa alters her consciousness and journeys to the spirit realms for the purposes of healing or divination: this altered state is referred to as the ‘shamanic journey’. Once the problem is identified, the goal is to restore balance and vitality to an individual, their family or community.
From the shamanic healing perspective, illness is caused by:
- A loss of power: resulting in depression, chronic illness, or a series of life misfortunes, and remedied by a power animal retrieval
- A loss of essence: resulting in a piece of one’s vital essence (soul) being lost due to physical or emotional traumas, such as suicide, abuse, accidents, surgery, long-standing illness, and remedied by a soul retrieval
- A spiritual blockage or intrusion: where a foreign energy enters an individual who is in a state of soul or power loss. As a result, this energy is lodged in an area of the body and must be cleared so harmony can be restored, remedied by a clearing or removal of spirit entity.
Power Animal Retrieval
The process of Soul Retrieval restores the use and ownership of our vital essence (a soul part) that has separated from us due to a perceived traumatic experience. The soul part flees in order to survive the experience as a means of self-preservation. Our gifts, abilities, skills, and often memories of the trauma are gone and we experience this loss in very real ways; some common examples:
- Something feels ‘missing’ from our life – we are in a perpetual state of being detached from life
- Depression, suicidal thoughts, addiction(s), and/or prolonged chronic illness or grief
- Post-traumatic stress syndrome; immune deficiency disorders
- Difficulty in navigating life
- The feeling “I have not been the same since….”
In shamanic healing, your shaman uses drumming or rattling to enter into an altered state of consciousness and travels to the spirit realms to heal the trauma and retrieve lost soul parts. They are returned to the individual, free of the originating trauma. Once returned, an individual is able to reconnect with their gifts, fully restored to a state of well being and wholeness.
Removal of Spirit Entities
Sometimes these energies are in the form of recurring, negative thoughts, or even energetic thoughts directed to us by others.
These beings feed off an individual’s personal energy and may influence them in a variety of ways. Often experienced as a lack of energy, depression, anxiety, or other negative emotions, we may assume these emotions or behaviors are our own. Usually these suffering beings are people whose own death experience was derailed and were unable to successfully journey into the Light. Removal of these suffering beings is an opportunity to assist them to cross into the Light and continue on their spiritual journey.
Shamanic Healing as a Way of Life
Core shamanism is a system of fundamental cross-cultural principles found in all shamanic cultures. These methods are easily integrated into contemporary life and provide easy, safe, reliable means to manifest positive life-changing results. Shamanism is a path that allows us to achieve our soul’s desires.
Shamanic Healing is more than a set of sacred tools and techniques: shamanism is a way of life.
Shamanism offers us an authentic alliance with those that inhabit the spiritual realms. This understanding allows us to entertain the possibility that the laws of the spiritual and physical realms stem from One Source and we can always bring ourselves into alignment with that Source.
Why not take a leap of faith and try it? You’ll be surprised at what you discover.
– L. Casson, NY
– E. Sanfiz, NJ